Moist & Tender Turkey Breast from Food.com
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) ingredients below
- Serves: 12
- 1 (5 -20 lb) fresh or frozen turkey breast (thawed) or 1 (5 -20 lb) turkey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 12 ounces chicken broth or 12 ounces beer or 12 ounces white wine
- 1 -2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 Place turkey or turkey breast in a roasting pan.
- 2 (I use a foil-lined 13x9-inch pan) Combine melted butter and chicken broth.
- 3 Pour over turkey.
- 4 Rub mayonnaise all over turkey's exterior.
- 5 Salt lightly if desired.
- 6 Roast at 300°-325°F until internal temperature reaches 170°F on an instant read thermometer. (I raise the temperature to 350° for the last approximate 30-45 minutes to crisp skin).
- 7 Remove from oven and let sit for about 30 minutes before slicing.
- 8 Note: because the butter and broth are for making gravy, if you need to make a lot of gravy, double the amount of both.
- 9 To make gravy: pour pan drippings into a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add 1 Tbls. cornstarch per cup of broth/drippings to 1/4 cup cold water. (You'll usually need 2-3 Tbls) Mix well to dissolve. Stir cornstarch mixture into broth and stir until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste. If too thin, dissolve more cornstarch in water and add until desired thickness. If too thick, add water or more broth to thin.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TBoroczk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Moist & Tender Turkey Breast from Food.com Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes