Easy to make. They were light and fluffy with a mild chocolate flavor. Went well with chocolate buttercream frosting.
Moist Chocolate Cupcakes
For extra-sweet cupcakes, top these chocolate desserts with your favorite icing.
More From Southern Living
Cool: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 (16-oz.) container sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Paper baking cups
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat first 5 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer just until dry ingredients are moistened. Increase speed to medium, and beat 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth, stopping to scrape bowl as needed.
- 2. Place paper baking cups in muffin pans, and coat with cooking spray; spoon batter into baking cups, filling two-thirds full.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove cupcakes from pans to wire racks, and let cool completely (about 1 hour).
- Chocolate-Mint Cupcakes: Prepare Moist Chocolate Cupcakes as directed. Prepare Chocolate Buttercream as directed, stirring in 1/4 cup finely chopped thin crème de menthe chocolate mints. Spread cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream. Garnish with shaved or chopped thin crème de menthe chocolate mints, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Andes Thins: Crème de Menthe.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Moist Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Cakes/Frostings, Cupcakes
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Freezable, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, Quick/Easy
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Chocolate
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Autumn, Winter, Christmas, Super Bowl, Valentine's Day
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living