Moist Chocolate Cupcakes
These 5-ingredient basic chocolate cupcakes are super easy to make and perfect for chocolate lovers. To make the Chocolate-Mint Cupcakes pictured here, top with Chocolate Buttercream frosting and sprinkle with chopped crème de menthe mints for a pretty presentation and fantastic flavor.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 25 Minutes
Cool: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 (16-oz.) container sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1. Beat first 5 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer just until dry ingredients are moistened. Increase speed to medium, and beat 3 to 4 minutes or until smooth, stopping to scrape bowl as needed.
- 2. Place paper baking cups in muffin pans, and coat with cooking spray; spoon batter evenly into baking cups, filling each two-thirds full.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove cupcakes from pans to wire racks, and cool 1 hour or until completely cool.
- Chocolate-Mint Cupcakes: Prepare Moist Chocolate Cupcakes as directed. Prepare Chocolate Buttercream as directed, stirring in 1/4 cup finely chopped thin crème de menthe chocolate mints. Spread cupcakes evenly with Chocolate Buttercream. Garnish with shaved or chopped thin crème de menthe chocolate mints, if desired. Note: For testing purposes only, we used Andes Creme de Menthe Thins.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note