The best meatloaf we have ever tried, hands down. It's a little too sweet, though, so I cut the brown sugar to 2 Tbs. Still sweet, but not overpowering.
Moist-and-Saucy Meat Loaf
- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines(about 20)
- 2 large eggs,lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Mustard Sauce
- Tomato Sauce
- Combine ground sirloin and next 9 ingredients; shape mixture into a 14- x 8-inch loaf. Place on a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Brush top of meat loaf evenly with Mustard Sauce; pour Tomato Sauce evenly over meat loaf.
- Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until loaf is no longer pink in center. Let stand 15 minutes; drain before serving. (Meat loaf will be soft in texture.)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes