I used strawberries instead of raspberries so I wouldn't have to strain the seeds and it tasted great! I made it for a party and it looks very pretty.
Mock Tea Sangría
Finally, a sangría that even the kiddos can enjoy. Grape juice, lemon, lime, orange soft drink, and puréed raspberries give this ruby-red tea drink its great flavor.
More From Southern Living
Steep: 5 Minutes
Chill: 2 Hours
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 family-size tea bag
- 2 cups red grape juice
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 (16-oz.) bottle orange soft drink, chilled
- 1. Process raspberries in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Pour puree through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a large container, discarding raspberry seeds.
- 2. Bring sugar and 3 cups water to a boil in a saucepan, stirring often. Remove from heat; add tea bag. Cover and steep 5 minutes.
- 3. Remove tea bag with a slotted spoon, squeezing gently; cool tea mixture slightly. Stir together raspberry puree, tea mixture, grape juice, and lemon and lime slices. Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours. Stir in orange soft drink, and serve immediately over ice.
You can substitute 1 cup orange juice and 1 cup lemon-lime soft drink for orange soft drink.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note