Mock Filet Mignon
- 2 slices bread
- 1 1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Tear bread into small pieces, and place in a small, shallow bowl. Add 1/2 cup water, and let soak about 10 minutes. Squeeze water from bread; discard water.
- Combine softened bread, meat, seasoned salt, and pepper in a medium bowl; mix well. Shape mixture into 6 patties about 1/2-inch thick. Wrap a bacon slice around each pattie, securing with a wooden pick. Melt shortening in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook patties until brown on each side.
- Place patties in a lightly greased 2 1/2-quart shallow baking dish. Combine 3/4 cup water, catsup, and Worcestershire sauce; stir well. Pour sauce over patties; cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes