Mock Angel Food Cake
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 4 egg whites
- Pineapple Topping
- Sift flour, sugar, and baking powder together 3 times. Pour hot milk slowly into flour mixture, beating constantly.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until soft peaks form. Gently fold into batter.
- Pour batter into 2 ungreased 9-inch round cake pans. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pans about 40 minutes.
- Remove layers from pans, and spread Pineapple Topping between layers and on top and sides of cooled cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This