Mochi Bears and Bunnies
These mochi cakes are sweet and chewy with just the right amount of buttery flakiness on top. They are similar to the Chinese dessert nian gao.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) mochiko (sweet rice flour) (1 lb)
- 6 eggs
- 3 cup(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 stick(s) butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Heat the milk until it is warm but not boiling.
- 3. Mix all ingredients well: Mix the dry ingredients together first before adding the liquid. (Beware of clumps that can form - remove any clumps present.)
- 4. Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 oblong pan, which you can pre-grease with some butter to prevent sticking.
- 5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40- 50 minutes.
- 6. Allow the mochi cake to cool before cutting it. Use cookie cutters to cut the mochi cake into fun shapes (such as bears and bunnies), or simply slice it into squares with a knife.
- Happy eating!
- - Add less or more sugar depending on your preferences.
- - Add orange zest or pecan.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by triciatricia and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note