My family absolutely LOVED this recipe! We avoid wheat and gluten, so it was great to have a cake which was already flourless and NOT have to adapt! I also modified it a little more because I did not have all the ingredients on hand. We also try to avoid processed sugars too. You can see my entire alterations, giving credit to ALL YOU for the original recipe at my blog! http://frugallyfarmingfamily.blogspot.com/2012/02/gluten-free-sugar-free-mocha-truffle.html
Mocha Truffle Cake
More From Allyou
Bake: 1 Hour
Chill: 2 Hours
Stand: 30 Minutes
: 3 Hours, 45 Minutes
- Calories: 373
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 136mg
- Sodium: 40mg
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9-inch springform pan and line bottom with parchment. Butter parchment.
- 2. Combine chocolate, sugar and espresso powder in bowl of a food processor. Process until chocolate is finely ground, about 30 seconds. With blades in motion, pour in 3/4 cup boiling water. Process until chocolate has melted, about 20 seconds. Add butter, eggs and vanilla. Pulse several times to thoroughly mix into a thin batter.
- 3. Pour batter into springform and swirl to evenly spread batter. Bake until set in center, 55 to 60 minutes (cake will appear dry on top and slightly cracked around the edges). Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes; cake may sink in center. Run a thin knife around edges of pan, remove cake from pan, cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 4. Place cake on a serving plate and let stand at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes. Just before serving, sift confectioners' sugar over cake. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note