I made this cake several times and everyone loved it. well worth the effort, it's delicious:)
Mocha Mousse Torte
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 (4-ounce) bittersweet chocolate bar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 7 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Mocha Ganache
- Garnishes: whole strawberries, kiwifruit slices, raspberries
- Melted red currant jelly (optional)
- Cook first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan over low heat, whisking constantly until smooth; remove from heat, and cool 15 minutes.
- Whisk together chocolate mixture and beaten eggs; pour into a greased and floured 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325° for 50 minutes or until set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack; remove sides of pan. Cover and chill at least 6 hours.
- Spread Mocha Ganache on top and sides of torte. Garnish and glaze with melted jelly, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts