I made this cake several times and everyone loved it. well worth the effort, it's delicious:)
Mocha Mousse Torte
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 (4-ounce) bittersweet chocolate bar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 7 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Mocha Ganache
- Garnishes: whole strawberries, kiwifruit slices, raspberries
- Melted red currant jelly (optional)
- Cook first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan over low heat, whisking constantly until smooth; remove from heat, and cool 15 minutes.
- Whisk together chocolate mixture and beaten eggs; pour into a greased and floured 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325° for 50 minutes or until set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack; remove sides of pan. Cover and chill at least 6 hours.
- Spread Mocha Ganache on top and sides of torte. Garnish and glaze with melted jelly, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note