Mocha-Marmalade Shortbread Bars
We loved the combination of chocolate, orange, and coffee in this bar from Jonniepat Mobley, who came up with the cookie when she wanted to make something special for holiday guests.
Yield: Makes 2 dozen bars
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 144
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Protein: 1g
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 80mg
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely ground coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped, or 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1. In a large bowl, with a mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg yolk and beat until well blended.
- 2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, ground coffee, baking powder, and salt. Stir into butter mixture, then beat until well blended. Press dough level in bottom of a 9- by 13-inch baking pan.
- 3. Bake crust in a 325° regular or convection oven until lightly browned, 15 to 18 minutes. Spread the warm crust with marmalade, then let cool completely.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a heatproof bowl set over (but not touching) barely simmering water in a pan, stir chocolate and cream often until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Spread evenly over marmalade and chill until chocolate mixture is firm to touch, about 30 minutes. Cut into 24 bars.
- Nutritional analysis per bar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts