Mocha Icebox Cake
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 315
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 16g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Sodium: 37mg
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 3 1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 26 Nabisco Famous chocolate wafer cookies
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Kahlua or other coffee liqueur, optional
- Make cake: Line a 9-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap; tuck it into corners and leave a 1-inch overhang. Mix 1/2 cup cream, marshmallows and espresso powder in a saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring, until marshmallows melt and espresso dissolves. Remove from heat; whisk in chocolate until melted. Scrape into a bowl; let cool to room temperature, whisking occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Pour remaining 1 1/2 cups cream into a bowl; whip with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold a cup of whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Gently fold chocolate mixture into remaining whipped cream, taking care not to deflate cream. Arrange 3 cookies in a single layer on bottom of pan. Scrape 1 cup of mousse over cookies and smooth with an offset spatula. Stand one cookie up on each short end of pan.
- Arrange 3 cookies on top of mousse. Spread quarter of remaining mousse evenly over cookies. Repeat with remaining ingredients, forming 5 layers of mousse and ending with cookies. Cover pan with plastic; freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Make sauce: Melt chocolate and 8 Tbsp. water in a bowl set over pan of simmering water. Stir in liqueur, if desired. Serve cake with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This