Very good Frosting. I would use more coffee flavor. I frosted 24 cupcakes, but I did add about 3/4C. more sugar. I added a little dark unsweeteed cocoa. This will be a keeper.
More From Southern Living
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons hot brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. half-and-half
- 1. Whisk together sugar and cocoa in a medium bowl. Combine coffee and vanilla.
- 2. Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar mixture alternately with coffee mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Beat in half-and-half, 1 Tbsp. at a time, until smooth and mixture has reached desired consistency.
- Mocha-Almond Frosting: Decrease vanilla extract to 1 tsp. Proceed with recipe as directed, adding 1/2 tsp. almond extract to coffee mixture in Step 1.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note