This was absolutely great..will make again!
Indulge in this frozen drink a few hours before bedtime—it gets its flavor from strong brewed coffee. Make a big batch of this homemade coffee treat and we guarantee that this will replace your drive-through drip addiction.
More From Southern Living
Freeze: 2 Hours
- Calories: 133
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 23.7g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 66mg
- Calcium: 131mg
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 1/4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 3 tablespoons fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon chocolate shavings
- Stir together coffee, sugar, and 1 tablespoon milk in a small glass measuring cup. Pour into ice cube trays, and freeze at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Process coffee ice cubes, 1 1/4 cups milk, and chocolate syrup in a blender until smooth. Dollop evenly with whipped topping, and sprinkle with chocolate shavings. Serve immediately.
To make strong brewed coffee, use 3 tablespoons coffee grounds to 1 cup water.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note