AWESOME! AWESOME! Really easy to make and tastes better than any coffee shop frappe. And way less expensive too. Tried the caramel but was out of mocha. Will be trying all kinds of flavors including hazelnut! Thanks again.
Indulge in this frozen drink a few hours before bedtime—it gets its flavor from strong brewed coffee. Make a big batch of this homemade coffee treat and we guarantee that this will replace your drive-through drip addiction.
More From Southern Living
Freeze: 2 Hours
- Calories: 133
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 23.7g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 66mg
- Calcium: 131mg
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 1/4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 3 tablespoons fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon chocolate shavings
- Stir together coffee, sugar, and 1 tablespoon milk in a small glass measuring cup. Pour into ice cube trays, and freeze at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Process coffee ice cubes, 1 1/4 cups milk, and chocolate syrup in a blender until smooth. Dollop evenly with whipped topping, and sprinkle with chocolate shavings. Serve immediately.
To make strong brewed coffee, use 3 tablespoons coffee grounds to 1 cup water.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note