WOW! This was gone from the fridge within 24 hours from it's making! It is delicious!!! I made this with the strong brewed coffee instead of espresso and it was also hazelnut flavored coffee. Everyone loved it! The crust is super delicious! One thing: keep checking the coffee-gelatin mix once in the fridge. If you leave it for a whole hour, it will be too late. I'd say I took mine off at 45 minutes and it was just right.
Mocha Cream Pie
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 483
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated fat: 19g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 97mg
- Sodium: 163mg
- 7 ounces chocolate sandwich cookies (about 17)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup hot brewed espresso or strong coffee
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (1 Tbsp.)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sifted cocoa powder
- 1 large block semisweet chocolate (8 oz.)
- Make crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Finely grind cookies in a food processor. Mix in butter and press evenly into a 9-inch pie pan or 4 (5-inch) mini pans. Chill for 15 minutes. Bake until set, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on a rack.
- Make filling: In a bowl, mix espresso, 1/2 cup boiling water and 1/3 cup sugar until sugar is dissolved. Sprinkle gelatin over mixture; stir until dissolved. Chill until slightly thickened but not set, about 1 hour.
- In a bowl, whip 1 cup cream until thickened. Add 1/3 cup sugar and cocoa; beat until soft peaks form. Fold in espresso mixture. Pour filling into crust; smooth top. Chill until set, at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- Before serving, whip 1 cup cream with 1 Tbsp. sugar. Spread on pie. Using a peeler, shave chocolate curls onto pie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts