- 7 ounces chocolate sandwich cookies (about 17)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup hot brewed espresso or strong coffee
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (1 Tbsp.)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sifted cocoa powder
- 1 large block semisweet chocolate (8 oz.)
- calories 483
- fat 36 g
- satfat 19 g
- protein 6 g
- carbohydrate 41 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 97 mg
- sodium 163 mg
How to Make It
Make crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Finely grind cookies in a food processor. Mix in butter and press evenly into a 9-inch pie pan or 4 (5-inch) mini pans. Chill for 15 minutes. Bake until set, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on a rack.
Make filling: In a bowl, mix espresso, 1/2 cup boiling water and 1/3 cup sugar until sugar is dissolved. Sprinkle gelatin over mixture; stir until dissolved. Chill until slightly thickened but not set, about 1 hour.
In a bowl, whip 1 cup cream until thickened. Add 1/3 cup sugar and cocoa; beat until soft peaks form. Fold in espresso mixture. Pour filling into crust; smooth top. Chill until set, at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
Before serving, whip 1 cup cream with 1 Tbsp. sugar. Spread on pie. Using a peeler, shave chocolate curls onto pie.