- Baking spray with flour
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 10 tablespoon unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup strong freshly brewed coffee
- Sugared coffee beans:
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 12 whole coffee beans
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder combined with 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 tablespoon coffee-flavored liqueur (such as Kahlúa), optional
- calories 359
- fat 10 g
- satfat 6 g
- monofat 3 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 5 g
- carbohydrate 62 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 68 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 223 mg
- calcium 43 mg
How to Make It
Heat oven to 350° with rack in the center. Lightly coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with baking spray; set aside.
To make cake: Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder in a medium bowl, whisking well; set aside. Place butter in a separate bowl; beat with an electric mixer at medium-low speed, until soft and creamy. Add sugar; beat well. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture, alternating with sour cream first, then coffee. Stir well with rubber spatula; scrape any batter at the bottom to combine.
Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake until knife tip inserted in the middle comes out clean (45-55 minutes); let cool.
To make sugared coffee beans: Sprinkle some superfine sugar onto a sheet of wax paper. Dip 1 coffee bean into honey, transfer wet bean to wax paper, and sprinkle with superfine sugar. Continue with the remaining coffee beans; let dry.
To make glaze: Combine powdered sugar, espresso powder mixture, and liqueur (if desired) in a medium bowl; stir well with a fork until smooth. Transfer cooled cake to a serving platter. Drizzle glaze generously over cake; decorate with sugared coffee beans.