I made this for a luncheon. Rather than the toffee, I used caramel sauce. It was incredible. I used dark fudge brownies, and fat free cool whip. Everyone absolutely raved. The Kahlua really makes it great. My sister suggested using other liquers like amaretto. Maybe next time, but the Kahlua is so good, can't imagine anything better!
A half cup of Kahlúa gives this mocha-chocolate trifle a kick. Chocolate lovers will appreciate this dessert that's lighter in calories but big on taste. Don't skip the toffee, you'll want that crunch!
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 269
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fat: 4.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 48.4g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 476mg
- Calcium: 93mg
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package light devil's food cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 (5.9-ounce) package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup Kahlúa (coffee-flavored liqueur) or 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 (8-ounce) carton frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped reduced-fat chocolate toffee crisp bars (about 4 bars) (such as Hershey's Sweet Escapes)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Spoon batter into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine milk and pudding mix in a medium bowl; prepare according to package directions.
- Tear half of cake into pieces; place in a 3-quart bowl or trifle dish. Pour half of Kahlúa over cake pieces; top with half of pudding, whipped topping, and chocolate bars. Repeat procedure with remaining cake, Kahlúa, pudding, whipped topping, and chocolate bars. Cover; chill at least 4 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This