Hubby and I enjoyed these. They are easy and had all the ingredients on hand. I thought it had just a bit too much chocolate but husband thought they were just right!! A definite repeat.
Chocolate-covered shortbread is the yummy end to a wonderful meal. You're likely to have all of the ingredients for this recipe stocked in the pantry.
Yield: Makes 50 triangles
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- Vanilla or coffee ice cream (optional)
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; add butter and vanilla, and beat at low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Stir in 1 cup chocolate morsels.
- Press dough into an ungreased 9-inch square pan; prick dough with a fork.
- Bake at 325° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup morsels over top, and spread to cover. Cut shortbread into 25 (about 1 3/4-inch) squares; cut each square into 2 triangles. Let cool 30 minutes in pan before removing. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This