This was good, but not great. The Slice and Bake shortbread cookies had a much better consistency. I'll definitely try adding the coffee powder to that recipe though, as the flavor was good!
Chocolate-covered shortbread is the yummy end to a wonderful meal. You're likely to have all of the ingredients for this recipe stocked in the pantry.
Yield: Makes 50 triangles
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- Vanilla or coffee ice cream (optional)
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; add butter and vanilla, and beat at low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Stir in 1 cup chocolate morsels.
- Press dough into an ungreased 9-inch square pan; prick dough with a fork.
- Bake at 325° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup morsels over top, and spread to cover. Cut shortbread into 25 (about 1 3/4-inch) squares; cut each square into 2 triangles. Let cool 30 minutes in pan before removing. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts