Light and fluffy. Not overly sweet. Seemed very coffee flavored. I was expecting a little bit more subtle. Next time I will try 1 tablespoon of coffee. There will definitely be a next time though, it was very good.
Mocha Chocolate Cream Filling
This recipe goes with Chocolate Cake IV
More From Southern Living
Stand: 30 Minutes
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup DOMINO 10X Confectioners Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 5 minutes or until thickened. Spoon mixture into a small bowl; cover surface of mixture with plastic wrap, pressing wrap onto surface, and let stand 30 minutes or until cool.
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add cooled cocoa mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add vanilla, beating until mixture is consistency of whipped cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note