Light and fluffy. Not overly sweet. Seemed very coffee flavored. I was expecting a little bit more subtle. Next time I will try 1 tablespoon of coffee. There will definitely be a next time though, it was very good.
Mocha Chocolate Cream Filling
More From Southern Living
Stand: 30 Minutes
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup DOMINO 10X Confectioners Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 5 minutes or until thickened. Spoon mixture into a small bowl; cover surface of mixture with plastic wrap, pressing wrap onto surface, and let stand 30 minutes or until cool.
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add cooled cocoa mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add vanilla, beating until mixture is consistency of whipped cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts