Mocha Chocolate à la Paris
Yield: Makes 8 servings (serving size: about 3/4 cup)
- 1 quart 1% low-fat milk
- 6 ounces high quality bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup hot, strong-brewed coffee
- Whipped cream, for serving, optional
- Grated bittersweet chocolate, for serving, optional
- 1. In top part of a double boiler, mix milk, chocolate, cocoa, and sugar. Place over simmering water and cook, stirring occasionally with a whisk, until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth and hot, about 20 minutes. (Don't have a double boiler? Heat chocolate mixture in a small saucepan over a larger pan of boiling water.) Stir in coffee and heat through.
- 2. Pour into mugs, top with whipped cream and the chocolate shavings, if desired, and serve while warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages