Yield: 12 to 14 servings
- 1 (9-ounce) package chocolate wafers
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 6 tablespoons finely ground espresso beans
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3 (1-ounce) semisweet chocolate squares
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- Process chocolate wafers in a food processor until ground. Add 2 tablespoons sugar and butter; pulse 1 or 2 times. Press crumb mixture into bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Chill.
- Stir together espresso beans and 1/2 cup boiling water; cool. Pour through a coffee filter, reserving 1/3 cup liquid (add water to make 1/3 cup, if necessary).
- Melt chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring often.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating well. Add espresso, melted chocolate, sour cream, and eggs; beat until blended. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 55 minutes. Turn off oven, and leave cheesecake in oven 1 hour with oven door slightly open. Cool on a wire rack. Chill at least 8 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts