Mocha Café Au Lait
Yield: Makes about 6 cups
More From Southern Living
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces milk chocolate candy bars, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 3 cups freshly brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Garnish: semisweet chocolate shavings
- Stir together milk, chocolate, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, 8 minutes or until mixture begins to bubble around edges and chocolate is melted and smooth. Stir in coffee. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Beat cream, sugar, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Pour hot coffee into mugs. Top with whipped cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages