Mocha Bundt Cake
From Family Circle Magazine, June 2012
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 1/2 cup(s) cake flour
- 3/4 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 cup(s) unsalted butter (2 sticks) softened
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) 2% milk
- Heat oven to 325. Generously coat a 10 cup Bundt pan with oil.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients (flour through cinnamon).
- In a large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Beat in sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. On low, beat in flour mixture, alternating with milk. Beat 1 minute. Scrape into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes. Carefully trim cake level before removing from pan. Run a thin knife around edge of cake, invert onto rack and remove pan. Cool completely.
- Simply dust with powdered sugar or serve with Strawberry-Ancho Chile Sauce.
- Strawberry-Ancho Chile Sauce
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil. Add 1/4 tsp. each ancho chile powder and cinnamon, cook 1 minute. Stir in 2 tbsp. sugar and 1 lb. strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped. Simmer 3-5 minutes until slightly thickened. Cool.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ftcollinsco and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mocha Bundt Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts