This cake looks pretty when made, but it has absolutely no flavor. I would never make it again or recommend it. The batter is very dry, the cake is dry. I am disappointed in Southern Living for even including it in their magazine. You cannot tell me it worked well in the test kitchen.
Mocha-Apple Bundt Cake
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups peeled and diced Granny Smith apples (about 2 lb.)
- 2 (2.6-oz.) milk chocolate candy bars, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350º. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- 2. Beat sugar and next 4 ingredients at high speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer 5 minutes. Stir together flour and next 4 ingredients; gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Add apples, chocolate, and pecans; beat just until blended. Spoon into a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan.
- 3. Bake at 350º for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 2 hours).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This