Mocha Affogato with Vanilla Cream
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Jan Gautro
Store-bought ice cream serves as the base for this complex-flavored, creamy treat.
Yield: 8 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 289
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 47.9g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 72mg
- Calcium: 112mg
- 1/2 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 4 cups chocolate low-fat ice cream
- 1 cup hot brewed espresso
- 1/2 cup Frangelico (hazelnut-flavored liqueur)
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, shaved
- 1. Place a colander in a medium bowl. Line colander with 4 layers of cheesecloth, allowing cheesecloth to extend over outside edges. Spoon yogurt into colander. Refrigerate, uncovered, for 1 hour. Spoon drained yogurt into a bowl; discard liquid.
- 2. Place whipping cream and sugar in a bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form (about 2 minutes). Gently fold whipped cream into yogurt. Refrigerate cream mixture until ready to serve.
- 3. Spoon 1/2 cup ice cream into each of 8 glasses; top each serving with 2 tablespoons hot espresso and 1 tablespoon liqueur. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons cream mixture; sprinkle each serving evenly with shaved chocolate. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts