A perfect rainy day recipe. We cooked it as a side, but with a fried egg or a little tofu, it would make a filling one skillet meal.
Mélange of Kale, Potatoes, and Tomatoes with Parmesan
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 288
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 11.8g
- Carbohydrate: 45.7g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 5.1mg
- Sodium: 493mg
- Calcium: 320mg
- 1 pound kale
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices Yukon gold or red potato (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 cups chopped seeded tomato
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
- Remove stems from kale. Wash and pat dry; coarsely chop to measure 9 cups.
- Bring water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add potato; cook 5 minutes or until almost tender. Add kale; cook 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain potato mixture in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add red pepper and garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add potato mixture, reserved 1/2 cup cooking liquid, tomato, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper; stir gently. Cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Spoon 1 1/2 cups potato mixture onto each of 4 plates. Drizzle each serving with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Arrange 1 tablespoon cheese over each serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note