MJWC Gingerbread Cookies
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) orange peel
- 2 tablespoon(s) light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 3 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- raisins for decorating
- Cream together butter and sugar until well blended.
- Add egg and continue beating until fluffy.
- Add next 3 ingredients and blend in well.
- Meanwhile, Sift dry ingredients together and gradually stir them into the wet ingredients until well blended.
- Chill dough 2-3 hours until firm.
- Roll out on floured surface and place on cookie sheet.
- Add raisin as garnishment.
- Bake 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by pbarres and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note