The VERY BEST cheese straws you will ever allow to melt in your mouth! i have been making these for years and years, since the recipe was published in southern living. I have made them for weddings, showers, parties, and a the request of EVERYONE who had ever tried them. Use real unsalted butter,beat them for the full 20 minutes, and watch them carefully for browning. They taste nothing like crackers, ignore that last post and try these. No waste of cheese in this jem!
Mixer Cheese Biscuits
Photo: J. Savage Gibson; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill
Yield: 6 dozen
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Beat margarine at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add cheese, beating well. Add flour, salt, and pepper; beat at low speed until blended. Add lemon juice, and beat at medium speed for 20 minutes.
- Pipe or drop dough by level tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 20 minutes or until set. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This