- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 pound assorted fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 (8-ounce) jar water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add mushrooms, and sauté 10 minutes. Sprinkle with flour, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
Add sour cream and next 4 ingredients, and cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in minced cilantro. Serve immediately.
Note: For testing purposes, we used 1/4 pound each of button, cremini, shiitake, and oyster mushrooms.