I found this to be an easy yet outstanding meal to prepare. The taste of each ingredient stands out well, though I added a 1/4 lb extra white fish and left out the anchovies - personal preference. For guests I'd add the anchovies and prepare it exactly as the recipe says. Bravo, Rick! Thanks for a great, easy-to-prepare meal!
Mixed Seafood Risotto
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 3/4 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound firm white fish, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 to 4 1/2 cups fish broth or chicken broth, heated
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Romano cheese
- Sauté the shrimp and fish in olive oil in a medium saucepan or Dutch oven 3 to 5 minutes or until cooked through; remove from pan, and set aside. Place onion and garlic in pan. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add anchovies, and stir until dissolved. Add rice, and stir until well-coated and translucent, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add wine, and simmer until absorbed. Stir in the hot broth, 1 cup at a time, stirring frequently, until each addition has been absorbed. (The entire process should take 20 to 25 minutes.) Stir in tomato paste with the last addition of broth.
- Stir in reserved seafood, fresh basil, and cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes