Prepped the vinaigrette & toasted the walnuts in the morning, while making breakfast. Dressed the greens and onions separately just before serving, then composed on individual plates rather than tossing. Very attractive and flavorful, yet so simple. Served as last course to CL's tenderloin steaks with onion marmalade.
Mixed Salad with Vanilla-Pear Vinaigrette and Toasted Walnuts
Canned pears and prechopped greens make this tasty salad convenient. To cut prep time, toast the walnuts in the microwave at HIGH for three minutes or until done. Serve remaining dressing with baked ham or grilled seafood.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 55
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fat: 2.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 8.1g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 73mg
- Calcium: 20mg
- 1 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 2 (10-ounce) packages Mediterranean-style salad
- 2/3 cup Vanilla-Pear Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- To prepare salad, combine onion and lettuce mix in a large bowl. Add Vanilla-Pear Vinaigrette, and toss well. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Note: Nutritional analysis includes Vanilla-Pear Vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note