This is one of our faves. It's like a really super yummy chicken nugget salad. Could not be easier.
Mixed Salad with Hoisin Vinaigrette and Crisp Panko Chicken
Photo: Jan Smith
Omit the chili powder to prepare kid-friendly chicken fingers.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 242
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 28.8g
- Carbohydrate: 14.4g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 622mg
- Calcium: 29mg
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (8-ounce) package field greens salad mix
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- To prepare chicken, combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add chicken, tossing to coat. Arrange chicken in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until chicken is done and lightly browned, stirring once.
- To prepare salad, combine vinegar and next 7 ingredients (through minced garlic) in a food processor; process until well combined.
- Combine tomatoes, green onions, and salad mix in a large bowl; add vinegar mixture, tossing to coat. Place about 1 cup salad mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with about 1 cup chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes