Mixed Rice Pilaf with Dried Fruit and Nuts
Full of flavor, serve Mixed Rice Pilaf with Dried Fruit and Nuts with your favorite grilled meat.
More From Coastal Living
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 cup medium-grain white rice
- 1/3 cup shelled roasted, salted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1. Cook brown rice according to package directions with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- 2. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes or until shallot is translucent. Stir in cranberries, raisins, and coriander; cook, stirring often, 2 minutes. Add white rice and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 3. Stir in 1 1/2 cups water and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Increase heat to medium-high; bring to a boil, and stir. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 15 to 18 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in pistachios, cilantro, lime zest, and reserved brown rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This