Mixed Pantry Pan Roast
This one-pan supper combines a number of standard shelf-stable pantry staples, like sun-dried tomatoes, tinned sardines and hearts of palm, in a delicious all-in-one meal.
More From Food & Wine
Total: 40 Minutes
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 (medium) sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thickly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup oil-packed, sun-dried tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, very thinly sliced and seeded
- 1 can (14 ounces) hearts of palm, drained, hearts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cans (8 to 10 ounces) oil-packed smoked sardines, drained
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the onion, garlic, crushed red pepper and olive oil and season with salt. Spread the potato mixture in a large glass or ceramic baking dish. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and lemon slices to the bowl and toss with any remaining oil from the tomatoes. Scatter the sun-dried tomatoes and lemon slices over the potatoes.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Stir in the hearts of palm and roast for 5 minutes longer. Add the sardines and roast for about 1 minute longer, just until heated through. Serve the pan roast right away.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes