- 45 mini phyllo shells, thawed
- 10 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces mixed lightly salted roasted nuts, such as pecans, hazelnuts, almonds and pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- calories 93
- fat 7 g
- satfat 2 g
- protein 1 g
- carbohydrate 7 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 9 mg
- sodium 38 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°F; line a large baking sheet with parchment. Place phyllo shells in a single layer on lined baking sheet.
Combine butter, both sugars and heavy cream in a large saucepan. Stir over high heat until blended and beginning to boil. Reduce heat to medium and boil gently, stirring often, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully stir in nuts and vanilla. Work carefully; mixture is extremely hot and will bubble up. Let cool slightly.
Divide filling among tart shells, using about 1 heaping tsp. in each (do not overfill). Bake until shells have crisped and are light golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool before serving.