- 1 tablespoon salt, plus more to taste
- 6 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 2 cups loosely packed tender green herbs, such as Thai basil, mint, parsley, summer savory, and/or tarragon
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- Basic Bruschetta
- calories 201
- caloriesfromfat 72 %
- protein 4.8 g
- fat 16 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- carbohydrate 13 g
- fiber 4.5 g
- sodium 680 mg
- cholesterol 2 mg
How to Make It
Stir 1 tablespoon salt into a large pot of boiling water. Add basil and other herbs; cook for 10 seconds, then drain. Plunge herbs into a large bowl of very cold water (this step helps preserve the bright green color). Drain and gently squeeze out excess water.
In a food processor, whirl herbs with parmesan, 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, the garlic, and 2 tablespoons water to make a paste. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon onto bruschettas and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving with bruschetta.