Mixed Grilled Sausages with Roasted Peppers and Onions
Grill: 20 Minutes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 Vidalia onions, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 12 small fresh sausages (such as sweet Italian with fennel, chicken apple, or lamb)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 6 basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Garnish: lime wedges
- 1. Grill bell peppers, uncovered, over medium-high heat, turning often, 15 to 20 minutes or until charred on all sides. Place in a paper or plastic bag; seal and let stand 5 minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers, remove and discard seeds; core and chop into large pieces, and place in a bowl. Set aside.
- 2. Grill onion, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 4 minutes on each side; remove to a platter, and cover loosely with aluminum foil to keep warm. Grill sausages, uncovered, turning occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Place on a platter, and cover loosely with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- 3. Toss bell peppers with olive oil, vinegar, and basil; place on a large platter. Season with sea salt and pepper. Place onion and sausages on top. Serve warm with buns or lightly grilled flour tortillas, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This