Mixed Greens With Roasted Figs and Pistachios
Roasting the fresh figs intensifies the flavor and makes them tender but you can use dried figs in a pinch. Top mixed greens with a sprinkle of roasted pistachios.
More From Health
- Calories: 244
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 11g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 72mg
- Calcium: 97mg
- 9 fresh (or dried) figs
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 cup (1 1/2 14-ounce bags) mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup shelled dry-roasted pistachios
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Toss figs with olive oil and place on a baking sheet.
- 3. Roast until figs are tender, about 10 minutes. Cool. Cut the figs in half lengthwise.
- 4. In a small bowl, whisk the extra-virgin olive oil, vinegar, shallot, salt, and pepper together. Set aside.
- 5. In a large bowl, combine salad greens, figs, pistachios, and dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This