Delicious. A huge hit at every function I bring it to.
Mixed Greens with Praline Pecans and Blue Cheese
Sugared pecans, tangy blue cheese, and fruit dress up simple greens.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 224
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Fat: 12.6g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 4.7g
- Carbohydrate: 26.3g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 305mg
- Calcium: 109mg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (5-ounce) package spring mix salad greens
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce (about 1 head)
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free raspberry vinaigrette
- 1. Melt butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat; add sugar, and cook 4 minutes or until mixture is bubbly, stirring occasionally. Stir in pecans; cook 4 minutes or until sugar melts and pecans are well coated. Quickly spread pecans in a single layer on wax paper. Cool completely. Break into small pieces.
- 2. Combine pecans, lettuces, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well. Add dressing; toss well to coat. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads