My father didn't care for it too much. I liked it but found the flavors did not blend very well together. Perhaps adding avocado might help? Something was needed to help the flavors compliment each other better.
Mixed Greens Salad with Smoked Trout, Pistachios, and Cranberries
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 226
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 17.4g
- Carbohydrate: 29.2g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 875mg
- Calcium: 88mg
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) goat cheese
- 8 (1/2-ounce) slices French bread
- 6 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1 (7-ounce) smoked rainbow trout
- 2 tablespoons dry-roasted pistachios
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add cranberries; let stand 5 minutes.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon goat cheese on each bread slice. Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Broil bread slices 1 minute.
- Place 1 1/2 cups salad greens on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 3/4 ounces trout and 1 1/2 teaspoons pistachios. Drizzle about 4 teaspoons dressing over each serving. Place 2 cheese toasts on each plate.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes