Mixed Greens with Cherries and Feta Cheese Balls
Salty feta plays off cherries' tart sweetness in this salad. Instead of crumbling the cheese, we coated balls with crunchy almonds for more texture and a nicer look.
More From Sunset
1 Hour, 55 Minutes
- Calories: 289
- Calories from fat: 77%
- Protein: 6.8g
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 8.1g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sodium: 398mg
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped, toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 qts. lightly packed mixed baby greens (5 to 6 oz.)
- 2 cups pitted cherries, halved
- 1. Whirl cream cheese and feta in a food processor until smooth. Using a 1-in. ice cream scoop or a teaspoon, scoop balls of cheese mixture onto a plate. Chill 15 minutes. Pour almonds into a shallow bowl. Roll cheese balls in almonds to coat and set on a clean plate. Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- 2. Whisk vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl to combine. Add greens and cherries and toss to coat. Arrange salad on plates and scatter cheese balls on top.
- Make ahead: Through step 1, up to a few hours.
Total time includes chilling.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note