Mixed Green Salad with Orange, Cranberry, Chèvre, and Maple-Sherry Vinaigrette
This colorful salad is a bright and flavorful addition to any holiday meal. Wash lettuce and remove any discolored leaves ahead of time. Sara washes and drains the lettuce, then spreads it out on paper towels and gently rolls it up in a plastic bag. It keeps refrigerated for 3 to 4 days and stays nice and crunchy. If you want to make salad ahead of time, prepare vinaigrette up to 4 days in advance and toss with salad just before serving. Prep: 25 minutes.
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, washed, drained, and torn (6 cups)
- 1 head radicchio, washed, drained, and torn (3 cups)
- 2 heads endive, washed, drained, cut in half lengthwise, and sliced into long, thin strips (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 navel oranges, sectioned
- 1 small red onion, sliced lengthwise (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup Maple-Sherry Vinaigrette
- 3 ounces crumbled chÃ¨vre (3/4 cup)
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently to mix. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note