Mixed Green Salad W/ Poached Egg and Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 bag(s) mixed greens
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon(s) white vinegar
- vegetable oil
- white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1 pinch(s) fresh garlic minced
- 1 head(s) half of lemon juiced
- To poach egg: in a large sauté pan fill with water about half way and add the 2 tablespoons of vinegar. The vinegar is added to keep the whites of the egg together. Bring water to just about boil. poaching temp of water in 160 to 180. Add egg and let it cook while spooning hot water over the top to help the egg through. This should only take a couple minutes.
- For the vinaigrette: Vinaigrettes are always 3 parts oil 1 part vinegar depending on how you like it. I like to start with about 2 table spoons of vinegar and go from there. Add vinegar, minced shallot, mustard, honey, garlic, and lemon juice into a blender and mix for a couple seconds. Then get your oil ready to pour! while blending slowly add a little oil and mix, proceed to add the rest of the oil slowly till the mixture in emulsified. salt and pepper to taste.
- Dress your salad and serve with egg on top and enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Savorzealous and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note