- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 2 oranges, peeled, sectioned, and halved
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
How to Make It
Stir together sugar, apple juice, and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes or until mixture is reduced by about one-third. Remove pan from heat; stir in vanilla, and cool 30 minutes. Chill 2 hours.
Combine apples and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle chilled syrup over fruit, gently tossing to coat. Serve immediately, or cover and chill fruit mixture up to 24 hours.
Note: Syrup may be stored in an airtight container up to 1 week in the refrigerator.