Mixed Fruit on Toasted Angel Food Cake
A pound of peaches can be used instead of nectarines.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup marinated fruit mixture, 1/4 cup orange custard sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 286
- Calories from fat: 9%
- Fat: 2.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Carbohydrate: 59.1g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 207mg
- Calcium: 8mg
- 2 1/2 cups sliced nectarines (about 1 pound)
- 2 1/2 cups sliced plums (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cranberry-raspberry drink
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cooking spray
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices angel food cake
- Orange Custard Sauce
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; cover and marinate the fruit mixture 30 minutes in refrigerator, stirring occasionally.
- Place a large nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Arrange the angel food cake slices in a single layer on pan, and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until the cake slices are toasted.
- Place 1 cake slice on each of 8 plates, and top each slice with 3/4 cup marinated fruit mixture. Drizzle each cake slice with 1/4 cup Orange Custard Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This