Mixed Fruit Granola
- 3 cups uncooked regular oats
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped dried mixed fruit
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Set oats mixture aside.
- Cook butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Stir in corn syrup. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
- Pour sugar mixture evenly over oats mixture, tossing to coat well. Spread mixture evenly in a lightly greased jelly-roll or broiler pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring 3 times. Cool completely. Stir in dried fruit.
- Note: Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
- Susan Cearley, Pipe Creek, Texas
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note