- 3 cups uncooked regular oats
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped dried mixed fruit
How to Make It
Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Set oats mixture aside.
Cook butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Stir in corn syrup. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
Pour sugar mixture evenly over oats mixture, tossing to coat well. Spread mixture evenly in a lightly greased jelly-roll or broiler pan.
Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring 3 times. Cool completely. Stir in dried fruit.
Note: Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Susan Cearley, Pipe Creek, Texas