I substituted fresh clementines for the canned mandarin oranges. The salad dressing is excellent. Very fresh and delicious - will make again!
Mixed Fruit Chicken Salad
For extra fiber and a boost of antioxidants, serve Mixed Fruit Chicken Salad over dark greens.
More From Southern Living
Total: 45 Minutes
- Calories: 231
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 22.5g
- Carbohydrate: 15.5g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 58.5mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 141mg
- Calcium: 30mg
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 2 cups seedless red and green grapes, halved
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 (11-oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Orange-Raspberry Vinaigrette
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 6 to 7 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- 2. Toss together chicken and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Sprinkle with pecans, and serve immediately.
- *1 (8-oz.) can pineapple tidbits, drained, may be substituted.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note